Galaxy of Stars Competition Rules
1. All entries are required to pre-register by mail. The deadline to register is July 10, 2017.
2. Conventioneers may enter as many categories as they wish with a limit of one entry per category.
3. Fees per entry are:
a. $7.00 per entry for forms sent in by June 12, 2017.
b. $10.00 per entry for forms sent June 13, 2017 - July 10, 2017.
4. Individuals, groups, or clubs may enter diorama categories. Only one ribbon/prize will be awarded per entry.
5. Single dolls may not include a backdrop. The doll may have accessories and/or props which he/she is holding.
6. Dioramas should not exceed 24" wide X 24" deep; there is no height restriction.
7. Photography entries may include Plexiglas or safety glass, but no plate glass will be permitted.
8. Creative entries must be entirely the work of the Conventioneer(s) who enters them, with the exception of props used in dioramas and displays. All dolls used in the creative categories must be originally manufactured by Mattel.
9. Vintage categories will be judged on authenticity, rarity, condition, and completeness.
10. Creative categories will be judged on originality, creativity, and expression of the theme.
11. All vintage dolls or contemporary dolls must have sturdy stands and may not have extraneous accessories, unless the doll or outfit was originally sold with said accessory.
12. To ensure security, all entries must be entered and removed by the pre-registered entrant only. Signatures are required at drop-off and pick-ups.
13. Placement of entries is solely at the discretion of the competition room chair and her committee members. We request that all entries are appropriately secured and positioned. Entrants are responsible for supplying their own stands, if necessary, to display their entry. Entries will not be handled once the entrant has placed them.
14. The Convention committee reserves the right to photograph and publish photographs of competition area and entries. All competition entries will be photographed by one of our Convention photographers and top winners will be announced at one of our meal functions.
15. The competition committee reserves the right to cancel any categories not receiving at least two entries. In case of cancellation, the entry fee will be refunded. If entrant withdraws an entry, no refund will be given for the entry fee.
16. Awarding of ribbons is at the discretion of the judges. The Convention committee reserves the right to refuse entries that are not in the spirit of the creative competition.
17. Please submit your entry form early and prior to the due date to ensure a smooth event for all participants and volunteers.
Competition Main Page
Competition Entry Form